Friday, April 25, 2008

A fresh resolve

April 24th was a significant date - a day to chant for Justice and to pledge to protect our mentor and the organization. It translates into a struggle for victory on every front.

How can I protect my mentor? Only by becoming a capable disciple.

Who is a capable disciple?
To me, in the second phase of Kosen-rufu, it means taking on my mentor's vision to work towards peace. To spread happiness through Nichiren Buddhism to those who truly seek wisdom, courage and compassion. To become the best person I can be - in other words to explore my limitless potential. To work tirelessly towards improving myself and the environment I live in. To spread hope.

On April 24th this year I made fresh determinations. I started my target of chanting 1 million daimoku to be achieved by October 6th, 2008.

"Buddhism is not an empty theory or abstraction. Actions and results are what matter. The disciples vow to their teacher to achieve victory, and then do just that. It is in the disciples' vow and victory that the lifeblood of Buddhism flows". ~ Daisaku Ikeda

No comments: